From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [REVIEW] News Item - 2020-10-17-display-manager-init
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 06:30:01
1 On 10/18/20 8:48 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2020-10-17 at 18:05 -0400, Aisha Tammy wrote:
3 >> This package provides the 'display-manager' startup script for
4 >> handling your chosen display manager, without being dependent on
5 >> Xorg server.
6 being dependent -> depending
9 > Do you really think a rename for the sake of renaming justifies
10 > requiring all users to rewrite their configuration? While we're
11 > requiring the users to do that, wouldn't it be better to stop using
12 > the awful layout of 'one script to run them all', and switch to separate
13 > scripts for every DM?
14 >
15 This is exactly what I proposed in the previous RFC, systemd already
16 works this way and is IMHO a lot clearer to use.
17
18 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature