From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:40:00
1 El sáb, 16-06-2012 a las 13:43 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh escribió:
2 > On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:26:16 +0200
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 > > OK, would you let me to create a tracker bug for eapi5 accepted item?
5 >
6 > No. We're working on the PMS list. We don't need yet another place to
7 > look.
8 >
9 > > About suggesting new item (like forcing rebuilding of other packages
10 > > as discussed some days ago and crosscompile support suggested by Tommy
11 > > today), I guess we need to get them voted by the council?
12 >
13 > No. You need to get a draft diff for PMS written, along with an
14 > implementation in a package mangler of your choice and proof that it
15 > works in practice.
18 Umm, this way to work makes any suggestion for future eapis to be
19 accepted only if they come from people able to prepare that
20 implementation in the package manager their prefer and, then, be stalled
21 more and more time :|
22
23 > The plan is we'll present the EAPI 5 branch to the Council and have
24 > them vote on each individual feature. Then we'll cherry-pick the ones
25 > they approve to master.