From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new package
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:21:29
1 On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 06:23:03PM -0500, Jerry A! wrote:
2 > Okay, one comment. Could we please standardize on a naming convention.
3 > It's like we translate everything to lowercase for the directory names
4 > with the notable exceptions of the contents of x11-wm/ and one or two
5 > other directories.
6 >
7 > Yeah, it's silly and it's small potatoes. But I think that there is
8 > something to be said for the hobgoblin of this small mind and having
9 > some consistency.
10
11 Daniel, maybe you could make portage print out a simple warning
12 message if the package name contains any uppercase characters? That
13 way people new to gentoo that make new packages will know the names
14 should be en all-lowercase.
15
16 Pete