From: "Dawid Węgliński" <cla@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 02:27:17
1 Dnia 14-07-2007, sob o godzinie 14:03 -0700, Christina Fullam
2 napisał(a):
3 [ .. ]
4 > -core stays private. I really dont see the need to change IMO.
5 > -project (call it what you will) would be for the off topic, non
6 > development emails that we so commonly see. this list would be optional
7 > for all developers.
8 > -dev (no preference for the name) would be for development discussion
9 > for devs and non-devs alike. everyone would all start out on a
10 > whitelist. any developer could opt to move a dev or non-dev to the
11 > moderated list (meaning their emails would be delayed allowing for
12 > moderation or simple release after a given time period).
13 > The check and balance for this would be that if any developer was found
14 > to be moderating someone unnecessarily, that developer themself would be
15 > moved to the moderated list by devrel for a time period without any
16 > access rights to change anything further themselves. Repeat offenders
17 > would be reviewed by devrel for further action if needed. this list
18 > would be required for all developers.
19 I agree w/ that.
20 >
21 > I dont think for a moment that it is only non-devs causing this
22 > excessive amount of email which often results in flaming/trolling. I do
23 > agree that everyone should be bound by the same rules.
24 >
25 > Thoughts?
26 >
27 > --
28 > Kind regards,
29 > Christina Fullam
30 > Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | GWN Author
31 --
33 | Dawid Węgliński |
34 | cla@g.o |
35 | cla @ irc.freenode.net |