From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Global USE=gui
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 19:43:12
1 On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 09:31:11AM -0400, Damien Levac wrote
2 >
3 > IMHO, you see this in reverse. the 'gui' useflag would be useful for
4 > users who don't want to care about X/wayland/mir and do not want to care
5 > about gtk/qt, they just want windows to be drawn for the applications
6 > they install -- without, if possible, pulling useless dependencies.
7
8 How, exactly, will the app draw windows without linking against one of
9 X/wayland/mir/qt4/qt5/gtk2/gtk3/fltk or whatever else comes down the
10 pike?
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications