From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling of keywording bugs with only one arch
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:27:06
On 03/12/2010 09:18 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
> There seems to be two different schools on who to assign a keywording > bug with only a single arch. I have myself assigned it to the arch in > question but there's a difference of opinion here: > > Let's get agreed on a single approach and I will add a note here: > > I naturally support the approach I have been doing as I think the arch > team is the one in charge. > > Regards, > Petteri >
So let's summarize for assigning to the single arch: Against (and my comments on why they don't apply): - Comments would only go to arch team after resolving: * maintainer is still in Cc or Reporter - Arch teams not in charge of fixing problems * If problems come up they deserve a new bug as a dependency * one bug per issue and a stabilization bug is about stabilization - Maintainer being able to decide when to go stable * Bug wranglers should still assign to maintainers for their ack * The maintainer assigns it to the arch team In support (and my comments in support): - Can be used as a gentle reminder for slacker arches - The arch teams are actually ones doing the work to resolve the bug * As they are the ones to mark it as resolved it makes sense for them to be the assignees So based on this I propose that I will write this down in appropriate places in to our documentation and commit a week from now. Please object if you don't agree and we can discuss some more. Regards, Petteri