From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xorg's RDEPEND
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:52:19
1 On Wednesday 18 May 2005 02:07 pm, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 18 May 2005 19:09, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
3 > > I noticed that xorg-x11-6.8.2-r1.ebuild has a very big RDEPEND. For
4 > > example, is there really a need for flex after xorg has been compiled?
5 >
6 > You probably need it, because it has not only the flex binary itself in it,
7 > but also libfl which is linked to flex-created binaries.
8
9 except we dont have a libfl.so which means anything that links against flex
10 uses the static library
11 -mike
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list