From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] short rant
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:58:40
1 There have been some people running thier pieholes about the new "init
2 standard" and I'd like to comment on this for a brief second. I happened to
3 be checking in some initscripts for packages that I believed were fine.
4 Noone bothered to document the changes or this supposed standard, so I
5 continued to happpily repair / replace the scripts that I saw were'nt rc6
6 ready.
7
8 Then some _child_ proceeds to talk down to me through his idiotic commit
9 messages rather than documenting the new "standard" and then letting
10 someone know about this documentation so that I could do the scripts the
11 "Right Way" and not have to duplicate my work.
12
13 When I attempted to explain the situation to this person, he continued to
14 intentionally irritate me, just as a child would. I think this person must
15 be about 12 or 13 and often wonder if his mother knows he's up all night on
16 his puter or what.
17
18 So I'd like to ask nicely if there is any documentation with regards to the
19 new supposed standard or not, and if not could someone please put something
20 together? I'd rather not waste anymore time than I already have with this
21 as I have more important things to than rewrite initscripts.
22
23 Lastly, I'd like to say that I had payed attention when some points were
24 made to me about the initscripts, but one commit mistake does not warrant
25 the kind of ignorance I witnessed as result of it.
26 --
27 Ben Lutgens
28 Sistina Software Inc.
29
30 "In the war against terrorism, there are no rear lines. We're all on the
31 front lines" - William Cohen