From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should Gentoo do https by default?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:44:38
1 On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Hanno Böck <hanno@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'd propose the following:
3 > * Make all pages under .gentoo.org https by default
4 > * Make sure all use modern HTTPS features, including:
5 > * OCSP Stapling
6 > * HSTS
7 > * A secure collection of cipher suites
8 > * (one may add HPKP here, but it requires careful planning and has the
9 > potential to lock people out of the page if done wrong)
10 > (On the long term I think it would also be good to have downloads over
11 > https, but I'm aware that this is more difficult as it involves mirror
12 > operators that are not under direct control of gentoo infrastructure.)
13
14 I'm with you!
15
16 Cheers,