From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New pcmcia startup script
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:56:44
1 On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 07:08:46PM +0530, Crux wrote:
2 >Dear Ben,
3 >
4 >so if you do a /et c/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart
5 >it does not bring up/down lo
6
7 Why would you need to cycle lo? In 5 years as a linux geek I've NEVER
8 needed to take my lo down and bring it back up.
9
10 Also, have you seen in other distros where lo is controlled by pcmcia?
11 This is kind of strange that you would need this and I am just trying to
12 understand.
15 >The inet script is useful only if you have a nic card and not with pcmcia
16 >
17 >well a modification to the inet script to parse for this will be helpful.
18 >
19 >Best Regards
20 >Prakash Shetty
21 >