From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question, Portage QOS v2
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:32:29
1 On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:46:18 +0400
2 Igor <lanthruster@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > And one more goal - without PortageQOS you're forever stuck with
4 > the legacy portage design.
5 >
6 > If the team ever decides to change Portage you'll need feedback
7 > on how the new portage works to patch it quickly in case there are
8 > troubles. It's too risky to touch portage right now. Everyone
9 > understands that this is a kamikaze job.
10
11 Uh, no. We already know lots of things that are wrong with the Portage
12 design. We also know how to fix those things. Neither of those is the
13 sticking point.
16 Ciaran McCreesh