From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item review: python-exec 2.3 reclaims python* symlinks
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 17:38:41
1 On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 01/21/2017 06:05 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 17:36:27 +0100
4 >> Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
8 > ..
9 >
10 >>>
11 >>> How was this allowed into stable?
12 >>
13 >> I know things like this don't ever happen in your beloved perfect
14 >> corporate world but mistakes happen. FYI, in open source you usually
15 >> report a bug instead of bitching on a semi-related topic on a mailing
16 >> list.
17 >
18 > How is it semi-related? the news item implies it only causes warning ,
19 > while I'm pointing out it inflict actual damage / brokenness?
20 >
21 > As for reporting a bug, you are of course correct, but I was still in
22 > process of determining if it was only a local issue when noticing the ML
23 > on the related issue to begin with.
24 >
25 > I'm still curious how it got into stable.
26
27 The same way any other change gets stabilized.
28
29 Please report a bug if you are having a problem. From your ml post I
30 cannot tell exactly what problem you ran into.