From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 05:17:59
1 On Thursday 02 March 2006 04:01, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > * There is no proposal for a process to formulate, and gain wide
3 > approval for new QA standards.  This week, there's been an example of
4 > the QA team documenting a QA standard *after* a bug was raised about a
5 > QA violation ... and then that document being used as if that
6 > particular QA standard had always been in the document.
7
8 i chatted on irc with a few peeps about this and here's what has been rolling
9 around in my noggin ...
10
11 we're going to have two documents of sorts ... the balls-to-the-wall
12 happy-to-be-hardcore nothing-more-official-than-this devrel document ... and
13 then we're going to have the stop-cant-stop-my-feet QA guidelines which is
14 quite dynamic and meant to outline what the QA team is looking for at any
15 particular point in time
16
17 to get into the QA guidelines, you go through the QA team ... to get into the
18 devrel document, you go through the devrel doc maintainers. to increase
19 visibility here, i think that all significant changes to policy that are
20 Incorporated into the devrel handbook should have a notice sent to the gentoo
21 dev mailing list first. thus if people strongly object, we can resolve those
22 differences without having people upset when something they disagree with and
23 have never heard of is thrown in their FACE. as for the QA document, there
24 is a QA list where notifications/changes can be sent. then over time we can
25 move relevant pieces of the QA document into the devrel document.
26 -mike
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list