From: gabor <gabor@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New version of Blackdown Java 1.4.1
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:57:17
1 On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:05:01PM -0800, Dafydd Walters wrote:
2 > I just noticed on LWN that Blackdown have announced the release of a new
3 > version of Java 1.4.1
4 > http://lwn.net/Articles/22807/
5 >
6 > The announcement mentions Java Plug-In support for Mozilla built using
7 > GCC-3.2. It seems to me that an ebuild of this could finally offer a simple
8 > resolution to the issue of Java-enabled browsing using Mozilla in Gentoo
9 > 1.4!
10
11 btw. what's the difference between sun's java and blackdown's java vm?
12 the blackdown people are using the sun sources, or they wrote a
13 completely new java-vm?
14
15 gabor
20 > --
21 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
24 That's life for you, said McDunn. Someone always waiting for someone
25 who never comes home. Always someone loving something more than that
26 thing loves them. And after awhile you want to destroy whatever
27 that thing is, so it can't hurt you no more.
28 -- R. Bradbury, "The Fog Horn"
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list