From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfiles: call for testers
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 01:02:42
1 On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 17:41:02 -0600
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> The plan, once the first release is out, is to rewrite this utility
6 >> in a better language. I'm considering C, but if I am comfortable by
7 >> that time in Go or Rust, I may use one of them.
10 > For a low-level utility that is likely going to be in the default
11 > @system set, please use C. Adding dependencies on the go or rust
12 > compilers for this is not very nice.
15 Assuming I'm looking at the right sources, the actual systemd
16 implementation is only 2342 lines of C. Glancing at the includes, I'm
17 not convinced it even requires systemd to run.
18
19 You might want to take a look at either just creating a split ebuild,
20 or tweaking it to work standalone if necessary.
23 Rich