From: Erik Anderson <anderiv@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage mirror bandwidth usage
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 18:24:47
1 I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, so
2 forgive me.
3
4 I'm thinking about setting up a public portage mirror. I have read all
5 of the howto documents, and I understand that a 5mbit link is required.
6 I have a 10mbit, full-duplex link, so that's no problem. My question
7 is this: once my server would be put into the DNS rotation, how much
8 bandwidth is actually used? Do any of the mirror ops have
9 publicly-visible mrtg graphs of bandwidth usage? For starting purposes,
10 I'd probably start the mirror out at the 15 concurrent user limit.
11
12 Thanks!
13 -Erik Anderson
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list