From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Drivers
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:10:26
1 This might be a problem with the drivers as well. I have seen this
2 issue on other systems with various ATI cards and I have yet to come
3 across the solution for it.
4
5 On 6/28/05, Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net> wrote:
6 > Luca Barbato wrote:
7 > > Chris Frederick wrote:
10 > >>I'd be happy to help test. Is there any testing methodology that I
11 > >>should follow? Or any specific application I should test, or xorg
12 > >>config settings I should try?
15 > > Just unmask and emerge the .13.4 driver as usual and use it as a
16 > > standard ati-driver. If it works as should that means that I repackaged
17 > > it correctly and requires no other patching...
18 > >
19 > > lu
22 > Everything works. The only problem is that it appears to be painfully
23 > slow. I have 4M generic video cards from the mid 90's that are giving
24 > faster framerates, and this thing is in an amd64 3K. I'm going to check
25 > the bios tonight, the board is using shared memory, and I might have set
26 > it really low since it wasn't working before. Other than that it's
27 > working well.
28 >
29 > Thanks
30 >