From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving COLLISION_IGNORE (and UNINSTALL_IGNORE?) to profiles/*/make.defaults
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:31:59
1 Hello,
2
3 Just a quick one.
4
5 Currently, the two listed variables are set in make.globals (installed
6 by portage ebuild);
7
8 COLLISION_IGNORE="/lib/modules/* *.py[co] *\$py.class"
9 UNINSTALL_IGNORE="/lib/modules/*"
10
11 COLLISION_IGNORE specifies files that will be ignored by
12 FEATURES=collision-protect when they exist but are not owned by any
13 package. UNINSTALL_IGNORE specifies files that will not be unmerged.
14
15 By keeping those two in portage, we're basically binding them to
16 version of portage installed. If we need to ignore more files, we need
17 to request our users to upgrade portage.
18
19 That's why I'm thinking of moving them to profiles/base/make.defaults.
20 From what I've tested, the setting there will override make.globals
21 and therefore the change could be effective from day one, without
22 the need to upgrade portage.
23
24 I feel like those variables are much alike the QA variables that we
25 keep in the profiles.
26
27 What do you think?
30 Best regards,