From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/cryptography to use rust, effectively killing alpha, hppa, ia64, m68k, s390
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 12:27:13
1 On Mon, 2021-02-08 at 12:19 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > Since cryptography is a very important package in the Python ecosystem,
4 > and it is an indirect dependency of Portage, this means that we will
5 > probably have to entirely drop support for architectures that are not
6 > supported by Rust.
9 Not only that, but you will be dropping support for at least two of my
10 machines that are literally incapable of building the 10+ GiB bundled
11 rust package due to the amount of disk space and RAM required.