From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Appropriate location to publish experimental stages for Alt
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 16:24:07
1 On Saturday, September 9, 2017, Johnson Steward <i@××××××××.moe> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I've been messing with Gentoo FreeBSD these days and, finally, got to the
4 current latest version available. As upgrading is really a tiring process
5 (lots and lots and lots of bootstrapping the tool chain and bunches of
6 blocks in the current stages), I'm thinking of sharing my currently working
7 system as a staged for further testing for those who are interested.
8 > Yet I can't come up with an appropriate location for the stage4 to be
9 hosted. 1.4GB is obviously too large for a pastebin even if
10 bzip2-compressed, and consumer-level cloud storage providers like Google
11 Drive or OneDrive will create unnecessary chaos when trying to actually
12 install the system (virtually impossible to interact with that
13 JavaScript-based system within the FreeBSD livecd), and I don't have an
14 account for Google Cloud Storage or AWS either.
15 > Is there a suitable location to host such a stage? I'm currently not a
16 Gentoo developer, yet I really want my work to benefit the Gentoo FreeBSD
17 community.
18 > Thanks,
19 >
20 > Johnson Steward
21
22 Contact desultory@g.o.
23
24 Thank you for your work. There's still lots of things that are harder than
25 they should be.
26
27 Cheers,
28 R0b0t1