From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: hwoarang@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-sound/umurmur: metadata.xml ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:50:48
1 On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:44:45 +0000
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > It certainly isn't to the person who caused the problem
5
6 Hard to tell from skimming the context, but in his first mail there is
7 an acknowledgment that there was previous communication between both
8 persons; it just appears to be that both of them insist or their view.
9
10 > so what I am saying is that maybe it's better first to communicate
11 > the problem with him before starting a public heated discussion.
12
13 Communication is fine; it's been told by repoman, a revert and Patrick.
14
15 Solutions like pinging every single person for every small change or
16 filing a bug for every single line that could involve QA is a good way
17 to burn out the QA team again or create an useless bug backlog.
18
19 What really does need a solution here are that "reverts" have happened;
20 it should be a rule that an action cannot be done twice without
21 agreement, to force people to rather constructively discuss it instead.
22
23 "'Cause I want it that way..." ~ Backstreet Boys
26 With kind regards,
27
28 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
29 Gentoo Developer
30
31 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
32 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
33 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D