From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bugs.g.o slowness
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:48:06
1 On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 18:19 -0500, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > To all,
3 >
4 > I know bugs.g.o is slow for some of you. I am working on it as
5 > expeditiously as I can. We are having a problem with tables locking for
6 > some reason. I have set myself up in #gentoo-bgo on irc.gentoo.org if
7 > you wish to help debug in the effort.
8 >
9 > I apologize about the inconvenience.
10
11 > -Jeffrey
12
13 Problems solved. It looks like a query I ran on the database behind
14 bugs.gentoo.org from the MySQL command line took a bit longer than
15 usual. After killing the process, it got hung on the backend and took
16 bugs with it.
17
18 I apologize for my mishap. Goes to show that testing on live hardware is
19 not the way to go ;)
20
21 I want to thank Mike Marineau from the OSL [1] for looking into the
22 database and killing my query. He saved the day. Please direct all
23 donations, well wishes and other expensive gifts to him.
24
25 -Jeffrey
26
27 [1] http://www.osuosl.org