From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:14:09
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > The EAPI=0 document was supposed to be a QA project. What it is now, I
3 > have no idea. While the current PMS project is not what we asked for
4 > and *is* outside the scope of Gentoo
5 That's interesting to note.
6
7 > , due to our wishing to still *have*
8 > a specification of EAPI=0, we are wanting to look at other possibilities
9 > for getting one done. What the Council is interested in is a
10 > specification of expected behavior of an EAPI=0 compatible package
11 > manager. At this point, I don't give a damn who writes it or what
12 > implementation, if any, matches it 100%. I am pretty sure it'll be
13 > *very* close to current portage functionality, side-effects and bugs
14 > excluded, of course. We asked for a specification. If the PMS team is
15 > unable or unwilling to provide us with what we asked under the terms we
16 > asked for it, we're going to pursue other options. We can't control
17 > PMS< but we also don't have to sit around and do nothing to reach the
18 > Council's goal of an approved specification for EAPI=0, a goal which I
19 > believe some people lost sight of some time ago.
20 >
21 Thank god someone still has their eye on the ball.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list