From: Adrian Petcu <agp@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Broken ISO
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:44:28
1 I recently downloaded an i586 binary ISO image containing the bootable
2 installation cd for Gentoo linux. It didn't work and now I know there was
3 a problem with the iso image, as it was marked 'broken' on the download
4 site. I have the burned cd with that image, and everything on it works,
5 except for the booting problem, and i want to use it somehow. I cannot
6 download anything from the internet for now, so i want to use _only_ that
7 'broken' burned cd to install Gentoo linux on my computer, but with a
8 different approach for installing (e.g. booting from floppies instead of
9 cd then using the binaries from the cd, etc). Please give me some hints
10 on how i can substitute the booting routine on the cd and then normally
11 start the installation, as it was intended inittialy. Again, i cannot
12 download anything else such as build image, but i have the floppies images
13 from your disks directory.
14
15 Thank You
16 Adrian Petcu