From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: taru <tarun.sharma@×××××××.be>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo installation
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:04:06
1 In the future, you might want to address this kind of questions to the
2 user list
3 gentoo-user@l.g.o
4 or
5 http://forums.gentoo.org
6 (for some special problems you might want to look at bugs.gentoo.org)
7
8 but for now I would recommend that you check out www.tldp.org (the linux
9 documentation project) and find a howto explaining dual boot
10
11 http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/categories.html
12 ex.
13 http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+Windows-HOWTO/index.html
14 http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Install-Strategies/index.html
15 http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+WinNT.html
16
17 I hope this helps
18
19 -John
20
21 On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 23:53, taru wrote:
22 > Hi
23 > I am installing gentoo on my system.But I am having one problem. I
24 > have windows XP installed on it.I read the installation notes of it
25 > and found that we need to delete all partition before we create new
26 > partition for gentoo. I have got any reference saying that if you have
27 > any other operating system then what should you do ?
28 > Can anyone give me any idea ?
29 >
30 > Thanks
31 >