From: Stefano Peluchetti <pelux@××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stable and unstable branches.
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:06:33
1 I think it should really be a very good idea to create two different
2 branches of the gentoo distribution. A stable and a unstalbe (or
3 testing) one. This becouse i usually find that some e-build simpy does
4 not compile. I know that it is a relly difficult task to get all the
5 e-build working right, but i also think that some people (like me)
6 should prefer to work with a little outdated packages that have been
7 tested for some time, instead of having to work with cutting edge
8 packages that doesn't compile. Don't get me wrong. I belive that gentoo
9 is the best linux distro i have ever seen, but this should really be an
10 important way to go.
11 It also should be really easy to implement thanks to the possibility to
12 select different profiles.
13 So let me know what you think about this.
14 Thanks
15
16 Stefano Peluchetti