From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dead project cleanup - Merging Presentation with Public Relations
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 08:39:57
1 On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Matthew Marchese <maffblaster@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Thought I'd send a RFC out to you all to get a little feedback before I
5 > make any changes to this since I didn't originally start the project. If
6 > no one responds with a good reason why NOT to make the changes I
7 > purpose, I will proceed in a somewhat timely manner.
8 >
9 > It's been over a year since I manually moved the Presentation Project
10 > from wwwold to the wiki. No one who was previously involved in the
11 > project has presumed membership (or leadership) with the project.
12 > There's only been one meaningful edit by Rich0 to one of the project's
13 > two subpages. He kindly added links to a Gentoo presentation he recently
14 > gave.
15 >
16 > I currently see no reason why we need a separate project for
17 > Presentations. Maybe once when Gentoo PR was busier and we had more
18 > people giving talks it was necessary. If we're just looking for a place
19 > to host links or files I think merging this project with Public
20 > Relations will work nicely. I propose hosting the content of this
21 > project under the Public Relations project, since it has members who are
22 > actually overseeing it as Project specification (GLEP:39) demands.
23 >
24 > Empty projects should be removed. They are dead. It's not me who says
25 > it, it's GLEP 39. Be mad at it, not me. :P
26 >
27 > I already have a repo for PR setup at projects.g.o. I will make a
28 > presentations/ directory for storing the PDF files that Robin was
29 > recently looking for...I'll have to dig them out of the Wayback Machine,
30 > but that shouldn't take me too long.
31 >
32 > Your wiki warrior,
33 >
34 > Maffblaster