From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Alpha catalyst-built LiveCD almost works
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:39:59
1 On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:54:03PM -0500, Brad House wrote:
2 > As for the SCSI stuff, I doubt there are very many SCSI cards that come
3 > with alpha's by default, you could just compile those few directly into
4 > the kernel.
5
6 I did, and the few Ethernet cards as well. (I couldn't find a "doether" or
7 similar command in linuxrc, and it wasn't detecting the network.) If the
8 user has something other than the three SCSI adapters I compiled in -
9 including any RAID controller - or something other than the four Ethernet
10 NICs I compiled in, he'll have to specify the appropriate parameter
11 manually. Seems like a reasonable tradeoff.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list