From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: klieber@g.o, carlos@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net-www Being Retired
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:06:30
1 (Kurt - can you put this on www.g.o plz? thanks)
2
3 Hi,
4
5 Week starting 2nd August 2004, we will be moving *all* of the packages
6 currently in net-www to new homes in the Portage tree. net-www has outgrown
7 its original purpose, and the new categories that we are adding will make it
8 much easier for users to find the packages they want.
9
10 The full list of packages are here:
11
12 http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/www-split.txt
13
14 WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
15
16 Portage will automatically upgrade any packages you have installed the next
17 time you run emerge -u. However, you will manually need to fix any entries
18 in /etc/portage/package.* to refer to the new categories.
19
20 Many thanks,
21 Stu
22 --
23 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
24 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
25 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
26
27 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
28 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C