From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council manifesto of sping
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:38:08
On 06/22/10 03:46, Brian Harring wrote:
> Your proposed solutions in your manifesto is to just throw out the > manifest bits that need completion, in the process ignoring the > infrastructural and security reasons for their existance. Same goes > for ignoring the commit hooks chunk for rsync generation (after all, > we can't just tell every gentoo user that "by the way, we're no longer > going to update rsync").
The Git migration is taking us 2 years already because it's taken too far. We need to look at what's really needed of that now. I'll speak to Robin before I go into further details here.
> I'd be a bit less critical of your offer here and the manifesto > presented, if it was actually factual and at least a partially > accurate understanding of the issues outstanding.
I read that as a pretty hard accusation. Are you referring to the Git migration or the manifesto as a whole? Please make clear where exactly my manifesto is not factual.
> At the very least, I suggest you actually have a chat w/ Robin > directly and get caught up on what the issues are rather than making > claims about his work that are pretty far off base.
Earlier today I wrote to him asking for his number to be able to call him tomorrow.
> Also please note Arun's actual question was "what have you done to > help", not "what skills do you have". There is difference- one I'm > guessing that is being lost in the language barrier.
I am aware of that difference. Sebastian