From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking udev-115-r5
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:56:02
1 Hi there!
2
3 If nobody objects, I will unmask udev-115-r5 (or later if needed) today or
4 tomorrow. There are some rules that got removed between udev-115-r1 and newer
5 version. If you miss anything please contact us. Either these need to be
6 added back, or installed by other relevant packages.
7
8 One package I know that needs this is aoetools (Bug #193315).
9
10 Please, if you use or maintain any unusual hardware/driver, please test if
11 there are no regressions in udev-115-r5.
12
13 One still open regression is this: As we no longer use a wrapper around
14 modprobe blacklisting will not work in all cases, until module-init-tools is
15 patched (Bug #192201).
16
17 Matthias
20 Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)