From: Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default desktop profile
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 06:13:01
1 On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:28:26 -0700
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > We disabled it to try to get the size of the x86/amd64 LiveCDs down.
5 > Thanks. I knew there had to be some reason for it, but couldn't
6 > remember what it was off the top of my head. Luckily, this won't be
7 > much of an issue with the next release, since we're switching to Xfce
8 > rather than GNOME to bring the size down even further and to try to
9 > produce a more useful (as in more tools) LiveCD. Of course, the
10 > LiveDVD will have everything on it, as it does now.
11
12 Glad to hear that. Then maybe we could add some stages to livecd?
13 Replace evolution with something usable like claws-mail to do so.
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list