From: Martin Dummer <martin.dummer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: "Trusted contributor model"
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 23:39:23
1 Am 22.07.22 um 21:10 schrieb Joonas Niilola:
2 > ..., via Github PR or other means. I'd say pushing these
3 > experimental packages is rather rare (for proxied people at least), and
4 > can also be added without KEYWORDS for example.
5
6 I agree here. And I think the proxy maintainers can open PRs like now
7 which can be merged by a bot (after the QA bot has completed
8 successfully). This bot can have a ACL of person + package which is
9 maintained separately.
10
11 For special cases like changes to package.mask the regular PR flow can
12 be used.
13
14 My proposal here: better some automation for 90% purpose than a long
15 discussion with many proposals and finally no automation - because none
16 of the proposals has  100% satisfaction.
17
18 Martin