From: derosa <derosa@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Question regarding usr.iso on boot image.
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:06:18
1 Although I have managed to build a kernel that boots and recognizes the Dell
2 raid controller, I can't get the system to mount the usr.iso file. I am
3 going to try to build a kernel based on the boot image config, instead of
4 the 2.4.7 non modularized one I have been using.
5
6 What would the command be to mount this file under /usr ??
7
8 I have tried "mount -o loop /mnt/cdrom/usr.iso /usr"
9 And it tells me it doesn't know what file system is on usr.iso.
10 I have also tried the above command with -t dos, minix, reiserfs, ext2,
11 vfat, iso9660 and that doesn't work either.
12 Is this file an iso image ? when viewing the file, the top of it looks like
13 a shell script.
14
15 Thanks
16