From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla config wrt games
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 16:08:27
1 Dnia 2015-05-26, o godz. 09:59:50
2 Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > I maintain a game (games-strategy/freeotion) aside from the games herd.
5 > When users report bugs, they choose the "Games" component and then bugs
6 > get auto-assigned to the games alias. This is also the recommended
7 > procedure:
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=Project:Games
9 >
10 > Given our games maintenance rules this seems wrong. Shouldn't games
11 > bugs be wrangled based on metadata like other bugs?
12 >
13 > I understand that changing this behaviour would create a lot of useless
14 > bugwrangling work... so maybe there is a different solution?
15
16 I'd say we should reset the default assignee to wranglers. This is once
17 again a relict of treating games special for no good reason. Comparing
18 the two approaches:
19
20 - worst case with bug-wranglers@ is that wranglers have extra work of
21 reassigning to games@,
22
23 - worst case with games@ is that a number of bugs never gets assigned
24 to correct maintainers (and possibly solved).
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny