From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: new global USE flag "srcdist"
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 21:16:19
1 On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:10:54 -0500
2 Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 02/01/14 07:50 AM, Ryan Hill wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Maybe we could add RESTRICT=srcdist which would cause ebuilds to
7 > > save their distfiles in a separate directory controlled by
8 > > PORTDIR_NODIST or something. If the variable is unset then it's
9 > > business as usual.
12 > ..or we could just do this, using the existing RESTRICT="mirror"
13 > that's already in ebuilds -- have a DISTDIR and a NODISTCACHEDIR,
14 > NODISTCACHEDIR defaults to DISTDIR; if RESTRICT="mirror" then
15 > distfiles are saved to NODISTCACHEDIR, otherwise are saved to DISTDIR.
16
17 This I like (except the name, but mine sucks too ;p). Portage should probably
18 check both dirs when searching for distfiles so it can find manually fetched
19 files the user may have dropped into the wrong one, and also to maybe warn if
20 sources are found in distdir for a mirror-restricted package (or just move them
21 to the right place itself).
25 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
26 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
27
28 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463