From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] CD-RW devfs
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:04:20
1 Hi All,
2
3 This is probably a user list question, I fighted it but I am running out of
4 ideas. I
5 compiled IDE cdrom support as module, and ide-scsi as module in the kernel. I
6
7 have hdb=ide-scsi with grub.
8
9 My modules are not loaded automatically, devfs is not generating cdroms nor
10 scsi
11 device (scsi dir is there, but empty).
12
13 1. How can I get module autoloading? (module.autoload does NOT work : no
14 matter what I put there. modules are not loaded). I do not have for some
15 reason
16 modeles.conf in etc as well)
17
18 2. Even if I do modprobe ide-scsi, ide-cd, cdrom, although the respective
19 modules
20 are there, inserted, I cannot mount my cdrom. I could burn a CD, because the
21 scsi
22 generic driver is there (cdroms still not gnerated though), but when I try to
23 mount
24 a cd like:
25
26 mount -t iso9660 /dev/sg0 /mnt/cdrom
27
28 I get sg0 is not a block device. Now /dev/scd0 is not there in devfs, I tried
29
30 symlink as well, no success at all...
31
32 Fresh rc6-9 tbz2 install...
35 Thanks for any ideas...
36