From: Norberto BENSA <nbensa@×××.net>
To: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>, dahlqvist@××××××××××××××××××××.com, gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard problems after upgrading to xfree 4.3
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:10:47
1 On Thursday 06 March 2003 06:01 am, John Nilsson wrote:
2 > I take it you didn't get all the files in /etc/X11/xkb upgraded properly.
3 > In that case you really should reemerge. There was some extensive changes
4 > to the keyboard layouts and buttons for XF4.3
5
6 In my case 'reemerge' didn't work. Files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb were NOT
7 updated, neither .cfg0000_* files were created. After much talking with one
8 of the developers of xkbcomp, we tracked the problem and now I have X 4.3
9 with a correct latin american keyboard layout.
10
11 The solution was: emerge -C xfree, DELETE /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb, emerge xfree
12 (fortunately I did emerge -b the first time :-)
13
14 Now I only need to bring back my AA fonts.
15
16 Best regards,
17 Norberto