From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new kernel headers
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:57:55
1 On Tuesday 21 October 2003 13:52, C. Brewer wrote:
2 > Can someone clarify SLOT for me? I see the new kernel headers as N, which
3 > means they're slotted and I thought you could only slot when the packages
4 > didn't conflict. Since the ebuilds dont install to /usr/include/$PN/
5 > {linux,asm}, is this a problem?
6
7 yes, because they'll just over write themselves ... SLOT will not work with
8 linux-headers ...
9
10 > Along a similar track, is it possible to have the 2.6 kernel headers
11 > provide the virtuals that the linux-headers package provides? I mean if I'm
12 > going to compile glibc again against new headers, might as well be for 2.6
13 > headers....
14
15 i dont think you've read the history on linux headers and their relationship
16 with userspace ... please go through gmane.org and read up on sanitized
17 headers/glibc headers/the likes ...
18 yeah some stuff doesnt compile with 2.6.x headers, get over it ... at least
19 that's my point of view ;)
20 -mike