From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:38:54
1 Michał Górny posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:05:06 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > ===Commit messages===
4
5 [...]
6
7 > Historically, Gentoo has been using a few tags starting with <kbd>X-
8 > </kbd>. However, this practice was abandoned once it has been pointed
9 > out that git does not enforce any standard set of tags, and therefore
10 > indicating non-standard tags is meaningless.
11
12 Thanks for this historical note. I hadn't noticed, but if I had, I might
13 have found the usage and then abandonment confusing, and this clears it
14 up. =:^)
15
16 > Gentoo developers are still frequently using <kbd>Gentoo-Bug</kbd> tag,
17
18 s/developers are still frequently using/developers still frequently use/
19
20 The (past and continuing) tense that you're (apparently) trying to use,
21 while common in other languages, isn't one English treats separately.
22
23 > sometimes followed by <kbd>Gentoo-Bug-URL</kbd>. Using both
24 > simultaneously is meaningless (they are redundant), and using the former
25 > has no advantages over using the classic <kbd>#nnnnnn</kbd> form in the
26 > summary or the body.
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman