From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install w/out floppy, cd-r?; PPDD w/Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:06:01
1 gentoolinx wrote:
2
3 > This may be the wrong place for this question, if so please tell me where
4 > to ask it.
5 >
6 > Is there any way to install GRUB (& Gentoo) without a floppy or CD-R ? I
7 > have a Win98 partition, a OpenBSD partition, and a UMSDOS linux w/ Reiser
8 > in the kernel, so I can install from any of those places.
9 > Any help would be appreciated!
10
11 Yes just create a new reiserfs partition from your UMSDOS linux and unpack
12 the sys.tbz2 package
13 to that new partition then you can follow the install-instructions on the
14 web-page.
15 You should add "conv" to /etc/fstab if you use reiserfs older that 3.6.25 on
16 your linux and want to convert it to
17 the newest format. (but I think you can't read it from your UMSDOS-linux
18 after that).
22 > Also, are there any plans to use PPDD or any disk encryption w/ Gentoo?
23
24 Maybe adding the crypto-patch fromwww.kerneli.org.
25
26 Bye Achim
29 > I was going to do what you guys did with Gentoo, but with encryption--a
30 > cross between OpenBSD & Gentoo. I even had a web site at sourceforge.net.
31 > It's dead at the moment, but I collected some good ideas encryption wise.
32 > Here's the URL, hope you can use it for something:
33 > http://sourceforge.net/projects/openparanioa/.
34
35 Thanks for that
39 > Thanks , Joshua Kuebler