From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:39:17
1 On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:30:20 -0400
2 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Looking at the tracker bug, I see all of three issues blocking openrc
5 > from going stable. One is documentation,
6
7 > It seems like we should just make the next bugday "OpenRC Cleanup Day"
8 > or something like that. Everybody can take 15 minutes to contribute to
9 > a wiki on getting started with openrc, or blog about it, or whatever.
10 > the docs team can glean the best of that and get the docs in order.
11
12 Oh heck no. We're not about to wade through a hundred blog entries/wiki articles in a desparate attempt to assemble a coherent guide.
13
14 Besides, Doug, Roy, and I wrote a migration guide a few years ago that I've been constantly updating:
15
16 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
17
18 The big issue with the docs is that IF OpenRC/baselayout-2 are marked stable, it will require massive changes to hundreds of our other doc files.