From: "Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek)" <neurogeek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fw: reviewboard and its bugs
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:08:46
1 I originally responded to another thread. Here is what I said:
2 <
3 I gave this a try some time ago and was bummed down by some things. I dont
4 like nodejs enough, and npm devs seems to not care about centrally/globally
5 installed packages. There are some npm packages that have to be modified so
6 they can work when globally installed and it gets boring after a while. npm
7 packages tend to be really small so one package can have a really high
8 number of deps.
9
10 If anybody is interested in this, check out my repo with npm packages[0]
11 and a really simple g-npm tool[1] to generate ebuilds for them. These tools
12 might be outdated cause I don't use nodejs anymore and I dont care much
13 about it.
14
15 Feel free to ping me if you have questions.
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 [0] https://github.com/neurogeek/gentoo-overlay (I might have something