From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag documentation
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:57:12
1 Piotr Jaroszyński <peper@g.o> said:
2 > Tbh, I don't have any issues with the current solution, but I may be missing
3 > something. "Rationale" doesn't seem to help though, afaics it is just saying
4 > that the current behaviour needs to be documented and fwiw PMS draft covers
5 > this already:
6 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~spb/pms.pdf - section 3.4.3
7
8 Which is fine, but PMS is just a draft. I'm trying to see if everyone
9 can accept one solution, instead of throwing things into metadata.xml
10 and into use.local.desc without the process being documented in one place.
11 This is more of a proposal to see if we should even change how we do things
12 today. Maybe we shouldn't, and that's what I'm trying to figure out...
13
14 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/gleps/glep-0054.html
15 >
16 > Please, don't use an already assigned GLEP number, it's a bit confusing. Note
17 > that 55 is taken as well.
18
19 It wasn't taken when I first sent it (as far as I know). I forgot to
20 change before resending. Thanks for reminding me.
21
22 Thanks,
25 Mark Loeser
26 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org