From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:29:38
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007 23:09, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >at do you think users will say when told that their system will
3 > remain vulnerable to a remote root hole because Gentoo won't accept a
4 > fix from a particular person? Do you think they'll smile, nod and
5 > accept that their system is about to get taken over by some kid in
6 > Russia, or do you think they'll scream and switch to Ubuntu?
7 As I wrote elsewhere in this thread I think I can safely say that the Security
8 Team is not going to check the origin and behaviour of all patch
9 contributors, for one thing we simply don't have the manpower to do this. So
10 let's just cut the security part off here.
13 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)