From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 41: Making Arch Testers official Gentoo Staff
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:31:05
1 > You're somehow implying that being an AT is not as good as being a dev.
2
3 Wrong.
4
5 > My understanding is that this GLEP is supposed to make AT as good as
6 > being a dev, but with a different role, one that doesn't need commit
7 > access.
8
9 My point exactly! Why have another category?
10
11 > If the people involved decide they want to become committing
12 > devs, it also make it easier to make that transition. If they don't
13 > want to commit, they can stay as an AT.
14
15 Then shall we reclassify all the developers that currently don't have
16 commit access to the portage tree?
17
18 -Steve
19 --