From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] archives.gentoo.org linking brokenness
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:29:44
1 On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 17:57 -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > > Do we just have to go an manually change every single link we've ever
3 > > made to anything on archives? How are we going to find the articles
4 > > if the old links don't work?
5 > Unfortunately the hard way, by hand.
6
7 Ouch.
8
9 > The new ones use a hash of (salt, Received, Date, Message-ID, From,
10 > Subject, List-Id), and it's guaranteed to be the same regardless of
11 > mhonarc deciding to ignore it's existing database.
12
13 OK. At least now they're designed so that this cannot happen again.
14 Thanks for taking the time to code that part up. I hope that you sent
15 that patch upstream! ;]
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
20 Games Developer