From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 11:41:53
1 On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:43 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Tho I get Dale's somewhat confused and now belabored point as well. For
4 > people who don't know how to do git on their own, as clearly he doesn't,
5 > the official signaling of what the stopgap changelog alternatives were
6 > until the scripts were running to regenerate them from git, simply wasn't
7 > there. Without that, confusion reigned, and blaming the user for
8 > confusion in the absence of official signaling really doesn't help the
9 > situation, either.
12 Fair enough. If we had outright decided to get rid of changelogs we'd
13 probably have published a news item with clear instructions on how to
14 just obtain this info from git. Instead we opted to keep them, but
15 they broke, so there was no news.
18 Rich