From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Post-install instructions
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 04:57:06
1 On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:27:50 -0500 Grant Goodyear
2 <grant@×××××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > > I'm very interested in having you help with setup documentation. We
5 > already
6 > > have a Desktop Guide that covers a lot of things (see the Web site)
7 > created by
8 > > Grant Goodyear, but he's going to be relocating and becoming an
9 > Assistant
10 > > Professor, so I'm sure he's going to be quite busy and could probably
11 > use some
12 > > assistance. Grant?
13 >
14 > I would absolutely like to have assistance, since I do expect
15 > to be horribly overworked fairly soon.
18 Never fear. I'm working on a companion piece that will cover some things
19 Grant did not touch and provide an into to an XFCE based desktop which is
20 what I used for daily work. One request. I sent earlier mail
21 complaining: we really need version/date to appear on every document. I
22 put a temporary fix in the copy of guide-main.xsl I'm working from to add
23 version/date right after the Editor line, but you may prefer another
24 location.
28 Collins Richey
29 Denver Area
30 Gentoo_rc5 XFCE