From: Marco Scardovi <mscardovi@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing <name> inside metadata.xmls
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 07:28:14
1 >> I know it’s not actually imperative to add it but actually strongly
2 >> suggested to maintain things consistent. What do you think about
3 >> that? Is something You find important to stick?
6 > The problem is that the name is redundant for Gentoo developers. It's
7 > often helpful to have it for other types (e.g. proxy) developers, but I
8 > find it a bit pointless to copy/paste "Michael Orlitzky" into hundreds
9 > of ebuilds when it can easily be deduced from "mjo@g.o."
10
11 Normally I copy/paste my whole metadata.xml and then change things I’m interested in (because, as proxy-maintainer, is faster to do so instead of copy maintainer twice and modify for me/proxy maint) but yes, I totally understand your point, thanks for your answer :)